The bike passed! I’m glad we used Gray’s in London.
Okay, so what have we learnt?
- Europe is bloody freezing in March/April
- Bielefeld (where?) is easily forgotten
- You can’t beat proper bike gear for staying warm & dry
- Helen’s micro down jacket was much more versatile than my stripy fleece type thing
- Nike Combat compression thermals are brilliant; no need for anything else under cordura winter coat, so you don’t feel like Michelin Man
- I need a better system for not losing small expensive items like 64GB USB memory & phone adapter (didn’t make it out of first hotel)
The bike needs:
- A better horn
- A bigger front brake master cylinder (already ordered off eBay)